Hiring a VP of Marketing? Marketing Mob’s VP Marketing Recruiters Are Here to Help
Our VP Marketing Recruiters Will Help You Find the Game-Changing Vice President of Marketing that You Need to Deliver Maximum Results
In today’s business landscape, marketing plays a more vital role than ever before. A key role in your marketing strategy and implementation efforts is a Vice President of Marketing. Having held a VP of Marketing position in the past, Marketing Mob’s CEO and Founder knows how to lead her team of VP marketing recruiters to find an experienced marketing professional to take your business to the next level.
To help with your recruiting efforts, we’ve captured a general description of a VP of Marketing here.
VP of Marketing Job Description
While there are many flavors of Marketing VP, generally, a Vice President of Marketing is responsible for the following:
An experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing will develop marketing policies, programs and systems to support the strategic direction and alignment with business plans and organizational objectives. Depending on company size, they will likely have multiple direct and indirect reports and in some cases be the top marketing executive, leading the entire marketing program. The individual will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with business goals.
An ideal candidate has a solid Marketing background and many years of work experience managing a variety of marketing projects from end-to-end. The VP of Marketing typically reports directly to the CMO, CEO or another C-Level executive. This individual will play a significant role shaping the company’s strategic plan and go to market strategy. To be successful in this role, one should be highly professional, a persuasive communicator, able to handle multiple projects and extremely driven.
Ultimately, this individual should be able to demonstrate their ability to contribute to a company’s long-term success through the Marketing department’s activities.
- Develops and implements a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness
- Sets current and long-term goals for internal teams and direct reports
- Serves as a stakeholder on the executive team and with cross departmental organizations
- Develops and manages to the marketing budget
- In some cases has P&L responsibilities
- Builds and manages relationships with outside stakeholders such as the media, vendors, channel partners, trade organizations, marketing agencies, etc.
- Monitors marketing strategies and campaigns
- Prioritization of marketing projects and allocation of resources accordingly
- Establishes KPIs, analyzes reports and pivots accordingly
- Conducts market and competitive analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Forecasts hiring needs, secures funding and oversees hiring process
- Proven work experience as a VP of Marketing, Senior-level Marketing Director or other senior marketing role
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing strategies and campaigns
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Strong leadership skills
- Financial management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelors in Marketing or related field
Ready to Start Hiring? Our VP Marketing Recruiters are Happy to Help.
If you need assistance finding a great Vice President of Marketing, we’re here to help. Simply complete the form below and one of our marketing recruiters will get back to you momentarily.