MARKETING ACCOUNT MANAGER JOB OVERVIEW
This is not a sales position. This is a marketing agency position that requires marketing skills versus sales skills. On behalf of our client, we are looking for a senior-level marketing agency Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our customers. The Account Manager’s role is to oversee assigned customers, serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters and build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships. There is an opportunity for quick advancement for the right personality, skill set, and work ethic. They are growing quickly.
This is small, fast growing company so there is lots of opportunity to wear multiple hats. Here is a sample of responsibilities.
- Understand client’s business and marketing challenge to create marketing plans, scope campaigns and manage initiatives.
- Produce Marketing Plans, Calendars, Proposals, Media Plans, Presentations, Schedules and Status Reports.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Take client feedback and input, pushing in a responsible way, and clearly communicating objectives and challenges
- Write creative briefs, participate in kick-off/download meetings for the creative team, and obtain client feedback/approvals to project strategies.
- Manage clients to meet critical deadlines either directly or when appropriate through other Account and Agency leaders working with those clients day-to-day.
- Manage account-level finance, billing forecasts, invoice requests, status reports and documentation of decisions between the agency and clients.
- Often serve as marketing strategist, specialist, planner and project manager.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence and a persuasive manner
- Tight organizational and time management skills
- Great business sense and the ability to work to budgets
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Demonstrate strong, brief, persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong judgment and instinct about nuances of client communication, unspoken needs, body language, team dynamics, etc.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing Sales or relevant field
- Not Required but a MAJOR Bonus: Experience in B2B, specifically in heavy industrial