An incumbent in this role will have the primary responsibility to prepare proposal and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in the areas of Youth Development. The incumbent will familiarize themselves with BGCMA’s programs, goals and financial needs and look into potential funding sources. Additionally, keep careful records to track proposals, supply grant-making organizations additional information and/or missing items. The incumbent will also refresh grant proposal content each year and ensure efficient coordination across internal teams to development content and make certain deadlines for grant proposals and progress updates are met. In addition, the incumbent will support fund-raising campaigns through planning and project management and promoting the organization through public relations work. Directly responsible for managing and collaborating between the Resource Development, Programs, Grants Management, and Finance Department. This position will be guided by the Development Operations department but will be in charge of executing content and reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision. This position reports to the Director, Resource Development Operations and works closely with many departments, especially the Programs, Development and Marketing department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop grant proposals to strategic donors in close coordination with the Development and Program team members.
- Coordinate timelines, manage deadlines, and track proposal elements to ensure high-quality, timely proposal submissions.
- Create key messaging, concept notes, and supporting information to compel donor giving and engagement.
- Assemble and synthesize information from the Programs team and external sources into clear and concise proposal language.
- Write, review, and edit proposal content, ensuring all narrative, numeric and graphic information is accurate and consistent.
- Work with the Programs team and Finance team to review and harmonize proposal budgets with narrative.
- Respond to proposal questions and make necessary proposal revisions based on donor feedback, in coordination with Development team leads. Donor Reporting
- Manage grant deliverables for strategic donors.
- Compile, edit and write narrative progress reports. Develop compelling, concise narrative to convey donor impact and engage donors. Copy edit and prepare reports for external distribution.
- Assembles budget and expenditure information from Programs team members and the Finance department.
- Collects program data and updates for donor reporting.
- Assemble stories from the Clubs in partnership with the Marketing and Programs team.
- Coordinate reporting requirements across departments.
- Respond to queries from donors on reports and progress in conjunction with Development team leads.
- Track and coordinate all reporting due to donors in partnership with the Grant Coordinator. Information Management
- Update and draft key templates for grant agreements, fact sheets, statistics and other organizational resources.
- Assist with coordination and maintenance of an inter-departmental resource for matching development opportunities with available program funding.
- Create and manage Atlanta community-specific background information and program overviews to help tell the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta story and share the impact of our approach with prospective/existing donors.
- Work closely with Marketing and Communications team to ensure all documents are consistent with Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta’s core messaging and the organizational communications strategy.
- Assist with the development and management of information resources.
- Research relevant statistics, data and sector information as needed. Other Support
- Assist with cross-departmental coordination and communication.
- Support activities and planning related to the strategic direction of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta and the Programs department.
- Contribute to the development of improved systems.
- Edit and research related materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Three years of relevant professional experience in grant-writing and persuasive communications preferably with a nonprofit or foundation.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills will be required to join all of the potential requirements of funders, programs, marketing, etc.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate, communicate, and execute across functions and all levels of employees and stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, persuasive writing and editing skills.
- Talent for translating complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling content.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrates flexibility and comfort operating under tight deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Self-starter who can initiate, implement and complete projects.
- Displays a passion for youth development specifically in underserved communities and/or addressing social injustice is preferred.
- Editorial experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
ENVIRONMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal internal office environment with occasional need to travel to club locations within the Metro Atlanta area. Frequent internal contacts with employees throughout organization required. Possibility of working mostly remote and self-directed work.