On behalf of our client, we are seeking...
Wanted: Marketing Leader
You deliver results, grow businesses and get customers to come back for more.
For you, this is a challenge worth solving. For the right person it’s the career opportunity you are looking for: grow a business, build a team, be a part of the leadership team, and have a direct impact in growing a business.
What you’ll be doing—and why it’s an exciting opportunity
#1 Build a team: We realize we have an opportunity to hire a few people and contractors to add to our team. We need your help, experience and contacts to make it happen.
#2 Launch a product: 2 years in the making, we need your help to achieve liftoff. GTM, positioning, product marketing, conversion rate optimization, and onboarding. The works!
#3 Build an integrating marketing system: For years we have gotten leads, but what we lacked was a SYSTEM. Your job will be to create one… and the nice thing is, we have lots and lots of customers!
#4 Elevate and influence the culture as a part of the leadership team. We saved the best for last. We are super transparent, real, and run a process called Traction/EOS. We define culture not at ping pong but as the ability to bring real issues to the surface, solve them well, and create things customer want. We need meaningful work and meaningful relationships to make this happen. If you aren’t adding to the culture, it won’t be a fit. We are looking for someone who is additive to our culture!
Just so you know - a lot of things are stacked against you, I won’t sugarcoat it.
#1 Sales is skeptical of marketing.
Why? - For one, the marketing team is not properly trained on our market or product. We’ve never done buyer personas, messaging, storybrand, or anything like that. That must change.
#2 Some technical pieces are broken and are not presenting accurate data..
There are a lot of tools we use: Magento, Salesforce, Pardot - and from time to time, there’s a bug, tweak, or issue that prevents us from getting the data we need.
#3 Our budget is solid but not unlimited.
That means you have to plan AND execute AND figure out solid ways to get stuff accomplished quickly with a blend of inside and outside resources.
A few things we know must be done (you’ll tell us even more….)
- Create and execute a strategic marketing plan, messaging, positioning, and go to market strategy.
- Implement demand generation programs to fill sales pipeline using integrated marketing campaigns.
- Put programs in place to grow business and increase loyalty within existing client base.
- Lead, manage, and hire team as necessary: website, development, seo, ppc, email, graphic design marketing operations, etc.
- Lead, manage, and hold the marketing team accountable to projects, metrics, and values that matter.
You’ll probably have this sort of background
First and foremost you’ll be an expert at communication. You’ll have experience with a lot of this coming in:
- Running a marketing team and, creating high quality leads
- Understanding how to drive revenue, profitability
- Content creation & execution
- Sales Enablement & Sales Development
- Digital oversight: SEO, PPC, Website, etc
- Technology, Cloud, SaaS background
- Oversight of marketing operations
- Project management, working alone and in teams and mentoring others
- Communicating complex subjects in a way that’s easy to understand
- Product Marketing: Positioning, Launch, Growth
We’re looking for a brilliant marketing mind to join our team, the title is Director of Marketing. If you get overwhelmed and are easily frazzled, this is not the position for you. I wish it could support all personality types, but it can’t. You have to have the chops and will to succeed; it will take a lot of work.
Our office feels like California, is located off of Howell Mill Rd in Atlanta, GA… Bill Withers is playing on the Sonos in in the background.
Salary is dependent on experience. We firmly believe that one great mind is better than 10 mediocre ones, so we’re happy to pay the best rates for the best people.