Habitat for Humanity International is looking for an experienced Associate Director, Development Communications. This role will lead the development of organizational communications which is designed to inspire corporate, foundation and individual donations and partnerships supporting the global affordable housing mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Manage and supervise writer/editors to ensure team is gathering and delivering content that meets all professional and organizational standards, and is accurate, consistent and compelling messaging and solicitations for support of Habitat's mission.
- Serve as Communications' liaison to Direct Marketing (DM). Work with DM to find and create compelling stories that represent Habitat's brand.
- Review and edit DM message content for accuracy and brand appropriateness.
- Serve as a writer on high-profile projects and back up Senior Director as needed.
- Meet with clients to discern their needs for communications products.
- Assist in managing the publication of development-focused messaging, such as newsletters, web content across communication departments and other divisions of Habitat.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience
- Writing skills to include compelling and persuasive nonprofit organizational messaging; advertising and/or marketing and donation appeals; and messaging for corporate communications.
- Leadership skills to include staff supervision and writer development, direction of department process and representation of department with organizational leadership.
- Project management skills and ability to balance a number of projects individually and across the department at any given time.
- Service orientation and ability to provide and receive feedback in a constructive collaborative manner.
- Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Power Point or similar programs; demonstrated experience writing and editing on deadline; in-depth knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience managing, leading and motivating teams for both special projects and ongoing assignments.
- Professional skill as a writer or editor acknowledged through national, regional or communications company internal awards for quality of publication or writing.