JOB OVERVIEW – CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER
The Content Marketing Manager is a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of content marketing, from editorial calendar creation (strategy), content writing (implementation) and content performance tracking (analytics). You are someone who has worked in a content marketing team before and is an expert in writing and editing great stories.
We are looking for someone who can take initiative and roll their sleeves to get things done. Someone who loves learning new skills from their colleagues or through online research to cover any new tasks that come their way. A love of learning is an imperative.
Our client provides Technology Services & Business Software to Insurance, Financial Services and Health Payor firms. Their Customers like working with them because they deliver value to their initiatives, thereby, driving their momentum. They do this by applying a time-tested formula of combining strong technology expertise with deep Insurance industry experience.
Our client’s marketing team is focused towards achieving its digital marketing goals by taking up a content marketing approach. As our client’s Content Marketing Manager, you’ll be playing a crucial role in managing the creation of corporate content align with the corporate market strategy to support and enable lead generation, brand awareness and nurturing efforts.
To be successful, the Content Marketing Manager must be a great writer and understand how audiences interact with the web with the goal of transforming simple brand concepts into engaging and interactive content. The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for creating the content needed to move customers through the entire buyer’s journey, from awareness to purchase.
You must be able to identify strategic campaign topics and write sophisticated, high-quality content that shapes the views of our offerings in the industries in which we operate.
- Create and manage the marketing content calendar.
- Maintain editorial calendar, content inventory and other documentation
- Understand the buyer’s journey, mapping content and assets accordingly
- Develop content with a sense of urgency in collaboration with key stake holders and subject matter experts for messaging strategies, product content, thought leadership, webinars, white papers, social media, infographics, customer case studies, landing pages, video and other marketing collateral.
- Support ad-hoc request for various pieces of copy or content.
- Supervise content creation teams (internal, contractors, freelancers or other external resources); ensure timely resolution of issues and oversee integration of new contributors • Own measurement/reporting of performance of content such as web, social, and email and accordingly running A/B tests of content to optimize results
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics that educate customers and other target audiences
- Stay on top of industry news and developments, including conducting competitive analysis around content
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. Mastery over the English language; ability to write professionally, creatively, persuasively and succinctly is a must
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing, including conceptualizing, launching, and supporting multi-channel campaigns.
- Strong project management and verbal communication skills—ability to multi-task and prioritize, own and drive a project schedule from start to finish, including managing lateral influence and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong business writing skills and can visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content.
- Strong creativity and passion for content marketing and attention to detail with high quality standards.
- Experience in a corporate B2B marketing role or agency marketing role serving B2B clients with end-to-end content marketing, including conceptualizing, launching, and supporting multi-channel campaigns.
- Demonstrate interest in making data-driven decisions and seeking answers with data so as to continuously improve content marketing outcomes.
- Some experience with marketing automation systems, marketing platforms and analytics tools (e.g., Hubspot, Marketo, WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit—must be an accountable self-starter.
- Willingness to play a team role in supporting overall marketing objectives and support various corporate marketing activities
- Takes initiative to learn simple marketing tools to make small changes to a website or email newsletter.